Advertising and locating property has never been easier!

The Housing Authority has partnered with, which provides an enhanced program to list rental properties on line. Listings are available to potential Housing Choice Voucher tenants seeking apartment units, duplexes, single-family homes or townhomes in the private market.

To list your property CLICK HERE

If you have any questions regarding registering, creating or viewing property listings, please call the GoSection8 toll free help line at 1-866-466-7328.

It is recommended that Landlords add photos to their listing for better advertising and faster lease up!

Top Reasons Landlords Should Participate in the Housing Program!

The Nacogdoches Housing Authority works with almost three hundred landlords. There are over 1000 families currently receiving Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) to landlords within the Housing Authority jurisdiction (Nacogdoches county Texas). Participation in this program benefits both tenants and owners. Consider the following:

  • You are guaranteed a portion of your rent every month. Nacogdoches Housing Authority will mail a check to you on or around the first of every month, as long as the unit passes Housing Quality Standards (HQS) inspections.
  • Although a federal subsidy is provided for the tenant, the Section 8 program is a private market based program.
  • Rental rates are based upon the local market up to certain maximum limits.
  • You get the tenants whose program eligibility, including criminal background history have been prescreened.
  • Your property is inspected by the HQS inspectors at no cost to you.
  • Section 8 tenants are expected to comply with your lease and can be evicted by you and terminated from the program for lease violations.
  • You may rent to as many or as few Section 8 tenants as you choose.
  • You are helping to provide quality and affordable housing opportunities for families.
  • It's just good business.
Lease Requirements

In order to process the Request for Tenancy Approval (attached form HUD-52517) we must receive and review your Lease Document. The lease must contain information regarding the following in order to be approved.

  • Which appliances are provided by the landlord
  • Which utilities are included in the proposed rent
  • Term no less than 12 months
  • Information regarding termination of tenancy
  • Late fee structure
  • Signature of both parties executed no later than effective date of lease term Effective date that matches the HAP contract
The Blue Leasing Packet must be returned signed by both parties.

The W-9 form requires TIN (Taxpayer Identification Number) be submitted correctly on the form provided. For individuals this would be as it appears on your Social Security card and for other entities it is your EIN (Employer Identification Number).

Inspection will be scheduled as soon as the above documents have been received and approved.

All required repairs must be made before the unit will pass inspection.

You will need to coordinate with our staff regarding the effective date of the lease!!!!

The Housing Authority is not responsible for any rent prior to effective date of the HAP Contract.


An inspection will be scheduled as soon as possible. The Housing Inspector will conduct an HQS inspection and give the landlord a written summation of any repairs the unit will require to meet HUD specifications. Do Not Be Alarmed if the unit needs repairs in order to meet the standards. However a contract cannot be executed until the unit passes the HQS Inspection. A General Inspection Checklist is provided to our participants to assist them in determining if a unit will meet minimum standards.
If you have any questions call us at (936) 569-1131

What is Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher?

Who funds and who administers the program?

Who qualifies for assistance?

What Housing is Eligible for the Program

Must I accept all Section 8 applicants?

What is my benefit in renting to Section 8 participants?

How do I collect deposit and rent?

Who performs maintenance and management?

How do I evict undesirable tenants?

How are subsidies paid?

How do I participate?